The Faithful Rascals meets week after week and completes both Bible Study, missions projects and social outings where possible. We keep up with each other throughout the week via text messaging to ensure all are well and if there are needs. Our jokesters in the group sends us a funny each evening to make sure we at least have one laugh per day!
We feel strongly about teaching how important Missions are to New Song and how this helps grow in unity. Below are some of the Missions we have been in involved in thus far:
* Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event
* Faithful Rascals adopted Richmond Scan (Stop Child Abuse Now) as our Community Mission. The group was able to provide several children tables and chairs for SCAN's program over the summer. At Christ The Faithful Rascals filled five boxes of toys, supplies, snacks, from SCAN's wish list.
* Participated in New Song Missions Outreach projects
* Participated in the Mission Possible 5K, New Song's Run/Walk
* Donated 2 Baskets for the Silent Auction Youth Mission.
* Several Dinners were made and delivered for each other and members of New Song Congregation during time of need.
The Rascals have their own Praise/Prayer list. We spend a few minutes each week discussing and updating those folks on the list. These are people that are important in the lives of our Rascals therefore, important to us! We ask that everyone keep these folks in prayer!
To join a waiting list for this group, feel free to email our group leaders today. For other group suggestions or learn about starting a new group, please contact our Director of Connections, Sherry Wright, today!
Leaders: Gina and Laddie Sykes
Location: The Sykes' home
Gina's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherry's Email: email@example.com