The Faithful Rascals began 2020 with Psalms 119 (10 week study by Matt Chandler) using Right Now Media and completing an answer study at the end of each chapter.
Beginning March, we had a new activity planned for each week looking forward towards Easter and a New Study. We were able to complete the first week, as a group with our very own Danny Wilhite taking the lead, we broke down the Lord’s Prayer.
We have postponed the rest of our activities, dinners out, a Movie together “I still Believe”, and group Paint Night with Becca Randolph until such time it is a safer time for us to get together.
Great news!! The Faithful Rascals became 12 (Disciples) strong even during this break as we welcomed Ron & Susan Parker to the group! The group is very excited!
The group meets each evening by text messaging to ensure all are well and if there are needs. Our jokester in the group, ensures to send us a funny each evening to make sure we at least have one laugh per day.
For more information, please email Gina
Leaders: Gina and Laddie Sykes
Location: home of group leader
We feel strongly about teaching how important Missions are to New Song and how this helps grow in unity. Below are some of the Missions we have been in involved in thus far:
* Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event
* Faithful Rascals adopted Richmond Scan (Stop Child Abuse Now) as our Community Mission. The group was able to provide several children tables and chairs for SCAN's program over the summer. At Christ The Faithful Rascals filled five boxes of toys, supplies, snacks, from SCAN's wish list.
* Participated in New Song Missions Outreach projects
* Participated in the Mission Possible 5K, New Song's Run/Walk
* Donated 2 Baskets for the Silent Auction Youth Mission.
* Several Dinners were made and delivered for each other and members of New Song Congregation during time of need.
The Rascals have their own Praise/Prayer list.
We spend a few minutes each week discussing and updating those folks on the list. These are people that are important in the lives of our Rascals therefore, important to us!
We ask the everyone to keep these folks in prayer!