The Grace Card Study will begin on November 5th! In this study you will witness the transforming power of forgiveness! When Mac loses his son in an accident, his grief sabotages his career on the police force and makes for a combustible situation when he gets a new partner-part time Pastor. How can they work together in life threatening situations when they can't see eye-to-eye?
We will watch the movie on 11/5 and and begin the study 11/12. If you have an interest in joining our group please let us know as soon as possible so that we may add an additional book to the order.
For more information, please email Gina
Leaders: Gina and Laddie Sykes
Location: home of group leader
A LOOK AT WHAT THEY'VE DONE DURING 2019:
The Rascals have completed three Small Group Classes to date:
* Church wide study – Draw the Circle by Mark Batterson
* Christmas from the Back Side by J. Ellsworth Kalas
* Fearless by Max Lucado
Watched a few Faith based movies:
* Faith like Potatoes – by Angus Buchan, (A story of a farmer that risked everything for God) this was an excellent movie, a little slow at the beginning however it captures your attention and you can’t help but wonder what will happen next!
* God Bless the Broken Road – by Jennifer Dornbush (A war Widow and single Mom feels likes all hope is lost! She feels robbed and angry at God). We all really enjoyed this movie, there were tears, but everyone gave it a thumbs up!
We feel strongly about teaching how important Missions are to New Song and how this helps grow in unity. Below are some of the Missions we have been in involved in thus far:
* Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event
* We Packed a Full Tub and Box for SCAN of Richmond (Stop Child Abuse Now), we bought from their Wish List.
* Participated in New Song Missions Outreach projects
* Participated in the Mission Possible 5K, New Song's Run/Walk
* Donated a silk flower arrangement and 2 large baskets for the Spaghetti Dinner/Silent Auction
* Put together a large Travel Snack Basket to include a Gas Card, Sympathy Cards (to take to the family of the deceased friend) for a couple of our own Rascals who had a long way to travel to attend a funeral.
The Rascals have their own Praise/Prayer list.
We spend a few minutes each week discussing and updating those folks on the list. These are people that are important in the lives of our Rascals therefore, important to us! We ask the team to keep these folks in prayer.